Start A Relationship With God
We’ve all messed up. We’ve said the wrong thing, done the wrong thing, lost our temper or told a lie. No matter what we’ve done, sin is what keeps us from God who loves us.
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
– Romans 3:23 (NLT)
Our sin keeps us from experiencing a relationship with God.
God hated the fact that sin kept us from Him, so He came up with a solution. He sent His son Jesus to die on a cross for our sins. Jesus’ death became the payment for sin once and for all.
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
– John 14:6 (NLT)
What Jesus did on the cross paved the way for us to know God. Jesus is the way to the Father!
What Jesus did demands a response. He wasn’t a historical figure or a good leader. He is the savior for all mankind past and future. He came to set us free. So you have to decide what you’re going to do about Jesus. You have to decide if you’re going to receive Him and what He did for you.
God wont force you to love Him or to accept Jesus. You’ve got to make this decision for yourself. You’ve got to decide that you want to accept what Jesus did, make Him your savior, and enter into a life changing relationship with Jesus.
If you’ve never had the opportunity to do this, now is your chance. Pray the following prayer:
“God, I want to be your child. I want to enter into a relationship with you. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again as payment for my sins. So I receive Jesus into my life today. Thank you for forgiving me, and cleansing me from sin. I believe that Jesus is my Savior, and heaven is my eternal home. I believe that I am now your child. Amen”
Where to Go From Here
If you prayed that prayer for the first time, you’re now a child of God. But what do you do now that you’re in the family of God? Here’s a list of good first steps you can take to grow in your relationship with God.
- Find a great church that preaches the Word of God.
- Begin to get to know God by reading the Bible.
- Pray and talk to God.
Here are a few scriptures to help you kickstart your new relationship with God.
- Romans 10:9-10 – ” That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
- John 10:10 – “ The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
- John 1:12 – “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”
- 1 John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (KJV)